Protection (Pokrov) of the Theotokos Church of Harbin
This Orthodox Church in Harbin, originally a house church at the Ukrainian Residence in 1922, and relocated to its current location which was originally the Old Cemetery where it was rebuilt of brick in 1930 according to the project of the civil engineer Y. P. Zhdanov.
It is a First Class Preserved Building located at present day 266, Dōngdàzhí Street, Nángǎng District. It was renovated and reopened to the public on the patronal feast day of the Protection of the Most Holy Theotokos (October 1/14, 1984) and is the only functioning church in Harbin with Fr Gregory ( ZHŪ Shìpǔ 朱世朴) as rector. From 1986 to 1989, Fr Michael Li from Shanghai joined the parish as a second priest and later immigrated to Australia. On September 21, 2000, Fr Gregory reposed in the Lord, and the parish has been without a priest since.