中文 | Русский

St Nicholas Church of North Bank (Jiangbei)

Began building in 1923 and completed in 1928, the original location of this Church was in an area which the Russians called Zaton at Linjiang Street, Taiyangdao, Harbin along the North Bank of the Songhua (Sungari) River. It was destroyed during the Cultural Revolution.

According to Harbin municipal religious archive, the first rector was Fr M. Rogozin (1923-1931), Fr Alexander Lukin served as the second rector (1931-1937), and Fr Nikolai Starikov served as the fourth rector (1943-1951).

Photos
 

postcard from Liubov Afonina

Photo during flooding of 1932
courtesy of Russian Atlantida