Locate at 16, Gāolán Road (formerly 18 Rue Corneille), Lúwān District is an Orthodox Church built in 1934 which was originally called St Nicholas Church. On February 15, 1994 the building was recognized as a city-level cultural relic preservation unit and was also once used as a washing machine factory. It was until recently occupied by a French restaurant called the Ashanti Dome on the upper floor and a Spanish tapas bar on the ground floor called Boca.
From May to December 2010 divine services are held weekly at St Nicholas' to accomodate Shanghai EXPO Orthodox visitors.
After recent renovation by Wutopia Lab in 2019, the center of the building is currently occupied by Sina Books Poetry Store, leading to a cafe on both the east and west side of the building.