中文 | Русский

The Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos Church in Beijing

The Holy Dormition Church in Beijing was recently restored and consecration on October 13, 2009consecrated on October 13, 2009 and serves the parish which previously held regular divine services at the Red Fangzi. The rector is Rev. Sergiy Voronin who has celebrated Divine Liturgy on Sundays on a regular basis. On the west side of the church building, the upper floor houses the parish library and the adjacent History Museum of the Russian Spiritual Mission in China. The lower floor provides rooms for visiting priests and conference room. It is located at the Russian Embassy.

Built in 1901 on the former Mission's ground, this temple was intended to be a temporary one after the temples of the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission were destroyed in the Yihetuan uprising. After the premise was turned over to the Soviet Embassy since 1957 it was long used as the Embassy garage.

Address
4 Dongzhimen Beizhongjie, Beijing 100600 PRC
Tel. for information: + (86) 135 526 403 94 or + (86) 135 526 430 74
Website: www.orthodoxbj.com/en
e-mail: uspenie_pekin@yahoo.com
Divine Services
Photographs
 

January 5, 2010

Nov 2009 photos of Museum
& Library by A. Dulina

January 6, 2009, by Kira Pozdnyaeva

August 4, 2007, by Boris Alexandrov

from DECR
Archive in Moscow