This church was built in August 1939 at 34, Jinkouyi Road, Qingdao in eastern Shandong province, China. Vladimir George Yourieff was the architect.
According to Harbin Diocese - Parishes in China for 1929, St. Sophia Church was built in 1927. The rector was Archimandrite Theodore.
In March 1938, Fr Valentin Nikonimovich Sinai (1891-1981) was transferred to the parish in Qingtao, where it was urgent to build a temple for the church huddled in a private house. Thanks to the hard work of Fr Valentin, the temple was erected by August 1939 and painted by the artist Zadorozhny, specially discharged by Fr Valentin from Harbin.
Hegumen Sadok was the rector of the church. The church was removed during the Cultural Revolution.