The construction of the Holy Transfiguration Church was completed in August 1921. According to Harbin municipal religious archive, this church resided at 17 Lanhantun Street (Today's Mulan St, Nangang District), and closed in 1965.
The location was also known as Korpusnoy Gorodok (Military town, Harbin). According to Russian friends of Harbin journalist Zeng Yizhi, this place was also known at the time as Shamantun, for Samanny Gorodok (Adobe town) by the Russians.
Archpriest Fr Alexander Kocherin served as its founding rector. Fr Rostislav Gan and Fr Fotiy Huo once served as rectors.