On August 4/17, 1924, Archbishop Mefodii (Gerasimov) blessed of the foundation of the Kazan Cathedral of the monastery at 2 Cross Street, Majiagou, Harbin. In December of that year the finished church was consecrated, in which icons of the Mother of God particularly venerated by the monks were found: the great Kazan icon of the church, and two miraculously renewed icons, the Vladimir Mother of God and the "Burning Bush." In the St Panteleimon section of the church an icon of the Great Martyr that was particularly adored was kept, which was sent from Mt. Athos by the elder Schema-monk Denasii (Yushkov).
According to Harbin municipal religious archive, Hieromonk Simon (Bai) served as the last abbot of the Monastery shortly after the Chinese Church gained its independence.