中文 | Русский

St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral of Wǔhàn , Hànkǒu , China

According to Hankou munical archives, built in 1893 as the St Alexander Church in the former British Concession, which is located today at 48, Póyáng Street, Wǔhàn City, Hànkǒu . Archpriest B. Yakushev served from 1938-1955 before returning back to his Motherland. Fr Nikita Du and his son Fr Pinna Du served successively from 1955-1958 as priest in charge of dwindling parish of St Alexander in Hankou until its closure.

Was used as a warehouse, and until 2013 was most recently used to hold weddings.

Photos
 

1938-1942 photos from bbs.cnhan.com

from facebook

1910s postcard from Germany

postcard from
Wisconsin, USA

postcard from New Jersey

c.1903 postcard
from Israel