中文 | Русский

St Innokenty of Irkutsk Cross Church of Beiguan

St Innokenty of Irkutsk Cross Church was located in the archbishopric residence of the Russian Spiritual Mission in Beiguan, Beijing. The Cross church (Cross church is a term that means a church in the bishop's living quarters) was located in the left side of the building, while private archbishopric apartments were located on the right side. The building was converted into an assembly hall known as the "Red Fangzi" when transferred over to the Soviet Embassy in 1956.

Photos from Boris Alexandrov's book "Beiguan"
 

church entrance

Iconostasis

Xibaidian—"Western White Hall"
to left of Archbishop's residence

 
Photographs
 

Aug 21, 1907 postcard from Prague

1910 postcard

1903 postcard from London

1956 group photos in front of Archbishop's residence
from Abp HILARION of Sydney & Australia

from DECR Archive in Moscow

"Beiguan" (Tianjin, 1939) pp. 98-99