Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang.was the last stop on the Chinese Eastern Railway along the frontier of the Sino-Russian border. Thus the Suifenhe train station was also known as the Frontier or Border Station. Today, Suifenhe is a county-level city in
The Original St Nicholas Church was constructed of wood in 1898 near the train station, but destroyed by fire in 1908. It was rebuilt in 1913 of stone about 200 meters away from the train station. This latter church building has survived to this day at 135 Dazhilu.
In 1984 it was designated as a city-protected historic site. In January 1999, it was elevated as a provincial-protected historic site. Currently the church building is being used by the Protestant Gospel Church. The steeple was restored in 2007.